I went to see the movie “Think Like a Man” on opening weekend. (No this is not a plug for the movie, although if you haven’t seen it yet, you’re missing out!). Anyhoo, I couldn’t help but notice how beautiful Meagan Good’s skin was! (See picture below.) When I got home, I started googling, “Meagan Good skin care routine”, and when over 140,000 results popped up, I quickly discovered that I wasn’t the only one obsessed with getting her glow. Unfortunately for me, there were only two things to her facial regimen: an oil free wash, and a daily moisturizer with SPF 30 protection.
Well Meagan, I use both of the above and my skin does not glow like yours. I think the Good in your last name really stands for “good genes”. So for those ladies who want that glow but need a little extra help, these tips are for you.
I did a little research on skin care regimens for your 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s, and the common factor recommended by the majority of the experts was a professional facial every four to six weeks. A facial, huh? Well, I guess that makes sense. Most of us go to a professional cosmetologist for a mani/pedi, and we pay our professional hairdresser to take care of our hair. But it seems that when it comes time to taking care of our face, we try to do it ourselves.
Well ladies, it’s time for us to stop ignoring the skin we’re in! I’ve got Five Reasons You Should Run to Book a Facial from a Licensed Esthetician TODAY!
- Get to Know Your Skin. Receiving a good facial will serve not only to cleanse, hydrate, tone, and refine your skin, but provides on opportunity to have your skin analyzed by a professionally trained, licensed esthetician. A good esthetician will become very familiar with your skin type and skin issues and will be able to make recommendations and then follow up to see how your skin responds.
- Deep Cleansing. While an at home skincare routine is great and very important, going in for a deep down exfoliation and hydration treatment can make a difference you would never see with home care alone. A professional facial treatment can guarantee you a deep cleansing. It includes cleansing, exfoliation, and hydration which can help to unclog your pores and get rid of deep seated dirt and impurities that affect the overall health and appearance of your skin.
- Delay Premature Aging Process. Want to delay wrinkles? A regular facial may be your answer! Because facials keep your skin properly hydrated preventing dehydration, experts believe that professional facials can help delay the premature aging process.
- Rejuvenate your complexion. Facial treatments guarantee to rejuvenate your complexion. It is one of the best ways to restore your skin’s natural glow. Facial treatments help get rid of old and dead skin cells that promote the new growth of healthy cells.
- Facials are relaxing. If this is your only reason for wanting to try a facial, then it’s a great one! Almost all facial treatments include a face, head and neck massage to help you de-stress and release those happy endorphins! The release of endorphins are known to improve mood, provide an increase in the vivacity forces, and create a sense of euphoria.
A professional facial typically costs $100+. This week’s deal from Jennifer Drew, Owner of A Peace of Heaven Day Spa, gets you a facial for only $50! And you can buy as many vouchers as you like. I got mine….you better get yours!
It’s time to get your Chic-On! Click HERE to sign up for CinnamonChic Deals! Membership is FREE!